Trail Running Camp (8 days) – Tour Description
This Trail Running Camp is designed for runners who don’t want to spend time to plan every single detail of a running trip to Madeira.
You just have to select the option you want and tell us what tours you want us to include in the running days.
In this option we count with the arrival and departure days as resting days, and the 6 days in between you’ll have running tours, or 1 resting day if you want. In this option you’ll stay accommodated for 7 nights.
You can select any of these Running Tours grouped to build your trail running camp:
EASY Running Tours:
- Eastern Peninsula Running Tour
- 9km / 500m elevation gain on the eastern coastal trails near the sea level.
- Green Levada Running Tour
- 15km / 500m elevation gain in a levada on the green laurissilva forest.
- Larano Coastal Cliffs Running Tour
- 11km / 500m elevation gain in 2 completely different sceneries, along the shore and inside the forest.
- Funchal Highlands Running Tour
- 14km / 600m elevation gain up to the 3rd highest peak of Madeira – Pico Areeiro.
- Fanal Ancient Forest Running Tour
- 15km / 500m elevation gain around Fanal mystical forest and returning by a flat green levada.
MODERATE Running Tours:
- Folhadal Hidden Treasures Running Tour
- 18km / 700m elevation gain deep inside the laurissilva forest running through tunnels, levadas and waterfalls.
- The Peaks Quest Running Tour
- 12km / 1.000m elevation gain through the highest peaks of the island. You will conquer que summit of the island – Pico Ruivo.
- The Red Coast Running Tour
- 15km / 700m elevation gain along the red northern coast and returning by the south shore.
- The Lost Valley Running Tour
- 12km / 1.000m elevation gain into a deep green valley on the north side with hard uphills and a technical downhill.
HARD Running Tours:
- Sea 2 Mountain Running Tour
- 28km / 1.000m elevation gain starting on the sea level, climbing to the mountain and back to the sea again along some forest trails.
- The Central Massif Running Tour
- 23km / 1.800m elevation gain around some of the highest mountains of Madeira, passing through a village in a deep valley.
- Nuns Valley Running Tour
- 31km / 2.000m elevation gain down the hidden Nuns Valley village and through some steep and technical trails.
|Meeting Location||Pickup at Hotel / Apartment / House / Meeting Point|
|Meeting Time||The pickup start at 8:30am and will be scheduled individually|
5 nights in hotel/apartment with breakfast and dinner
4 days running tours
1 Running Guide
Snack Bars and water for the tours
Personal Accidents and Liability Insurances
Drinks not included in dinner
If you wish to book a trail running camp for 6 days, you should book the Trail Running Camp (6 days) High Season.
You wish to book a different program, please contact us for a tailor made program.
You are free to choose any of the tours available, but be aware of the difficulty of some tours, and choose the ones that you feel you would be comfortable.
If you are coming alone, you have to select any type of accommodation, but in a single room.
Day 1: Pickup at Airport
Drive to Hotel/Apartment
Accommodation 1st night
Day 2: Running Tour
Accommodation 2nd night
Day 3: Running Tour
Accommodation 3rd night
Day 4: Running Tour
Accommodation 4th night
Day 5: Running Tour (or rest day)
Accommodation 5th night
Day 6: Running Tour
Accommodation 6th night
Day 7: Running Tour
Accommodation 7th night
Day 8: Drop-off at Airport